November 6, 2021
John’s Models (Cantonment FL)
From 9 AM Until the Fat Lady Sings
Please note the date change. Because the Blue Angels recently changed their final show date to 13 November, the Pensacola “Modeleers” decided to move their annual swap meet ahead a week to 6 November. Because of the domino effect, we are now moving our contest date as well. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The Armorgators will be sponsoring its first-ever open-to-the-public model contest as part of the annual IPMS “modeleers” swap meet and sale at John’s Models. Rumor has it that the Modeleers might also be cooking up something as well.
- The contest will use AMPS rules and categories. All categories will be open.
- In addition to the individual category awards, there will be a “Best of Show” award (TBD). Criteria and award for “Best of Show.”.
- Per AMPS rules, a person may enter multiple times in any given category, however, only the highest scored entry is eligible for an award. There is no limit to the number of categories a participant may enter. Skill levels are the same as AMPS.
- Participants will be charged a base rate of $10 for up to three entries (aggregate). There will be an additional $1 an entry charge beyond the initial three (e.g., someone enters 7 models for a total of $14.) Pay at in-person registration, please.
- Awards will be custom poker chips as shown at the meeting.
- Contest will be held the same Saturday as the annual IPMS “Modeleer” swap meet on 6 November. Entry cut-off is 11 AM. Contest results will be announced at 3 PM, with participants who have to leave early having the option of picking up packets beforehand. John will make the hobby shop available the evening (from 5 until at least 7:30 PM) before the contest to pre-register any individual in person.
- Traditional judging methods may have to be modified to accommodate availability of judges, who may also be vendors.